With this Very Berry Panna Cotta recipe, you have just that.
This dessert is so simple to make and tastes great. What’s even better is that at just over 100 calories per serve I know this will become a favorite of yours too.
So whenever you want a ‘not so guilty’ pleasure, be sure to add this to your diet plan, easy!
Very Berry Panna Cotta
You will need 6 ceramic molds or chilled glasses.
- 3 cups sliced Berries (like strawberries or raspberries) (159 calories)
- 1¾ cups well-shaken low-fat buttermilk (172 calories)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of sugar substitute Stevia or Xylitol (natural sugar substitute) (0 calories)
- 2½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin (59 calories)
- ¼ cup whole milk (37 calories)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (197 calories)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence (24 calories)
Ingredients for Serving:
2 cups of mixed berries tossed in 3 teaspoons of sugar substitute – served on the side (160 calories)
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Blend strawberries, buttermilk, and sugar in a blender until very smooth, then pour through a very fine sieve into a medium bowl, pressing hard on the lumpy bits to remove as much of the seeds as possible. Discard any lumps and seeds left in the sieve.
- Gently bring the cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Once it reaches boiling point, remove the pan from the heat and add the gelatin and mixture, stirring with a whisk constantly until completely dissolved.
- Pour the creamy mixture into the strawberry purée and whisk ensuring the two are combined. Then and pour evenly into your chilled molds.
When ready to serve:
- Halve the 2 cups of berries. Whisk together orange, lemon juice and sweetener in a bowl. Then add berries and toss to ensure they are all coated with the juice mixture.
- Take mold and dip the bottom of the container into warm water for 2-3 seconds which should loosen it. Then turn it upside onto a lovely plate and dress with the sweetened mixed berries on the side.
Hint: If you want to Panna Cotta to soften and have a creamier texture. Allow them to rest at room temperature after removing them from their molds for 10 – 20mins. Then serve with the side of berries.
Calories: approx. 134 per serve
PS. You could make this lower in calories again by using low-fat milk and reduced-fat cream.