Finding meals that are healthy, delicious and good for you can sometimes be a challenge; especially during the week when life seems so busy with work, family and other commitments.
Our Sweet Chilli Thai Fish Cakes is a simple healthy recipe that can be eaten for lunch, dinner and well as making a great snack.
They are very versatile being eaten on their own or teamed with a healthy side salad for fasting days or you could add the cakes to a bun or wrap and have a fish burger.
Everyone loves fish cakes; they are an old family favorite and for good reason… it’s a meal that can be eaten for one or many and the kids love them too.
Why not make a double batch of these simple Fish Cakes this weekend and that way you have a few meals ready to go.
Check out the recipe details below:
Sweet Chilli Thai Fish Cakes
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced (floury potatoes are best) (330 calories)
- ¼ cup Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce (72 calories)
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce (5 calories)
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained (425 calories)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (1 calorie)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (1 calorie)
- ¼ teaspoon of chili flakes (0 calories)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder/flakes (0 calories)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (1 calorie)
- 2 sticks of spring onions finely chopped (14 calories)
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs (100 calories)
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped (1 cal)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (63 calories)
- 2 tablespoons oil (54 calories)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water.
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- Add Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, Fish Sauce, tuna and all other ingredients (except oil).
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil on the barbecue or in a frying pan, cook fish cakes until golden.
- If desired serve with lemon wedges and mixed green salad leaves.
Calories: approx. 266 per serving
If you are wanting some ideas and inspiration for more great healthy and delicious low-calorie recipes, make sure that you check out our recipe book.