Fruits, nuts and non-fat yogurt are among the most popular snacking options and we have combined all three to present to you; a snack that looks just as great as it feels.
Whether you are on your 5 2 fasting day or not, why not give this Berry and Papaya Parfait recipe a try?
Serves 6 @ 194 calories each
- 1 small papaya, halved lengthwise, seeded and peeled (67 calories)
- 6 oz / 170g of fresh blackberries (73 calories)
- 6 oz / 170g of fresh raspberries (90 calories)
- 3 containers (1 container = 6 oz / 170g) of non-fat plain Greek yogurt (300 calories)
- ½ cup of granola (299 calories)
- 5 tablespoons of honey (320 calories)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice (9 calories)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (4 calories)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest, grated (1 calorie)
- ¼ chopped mint leaves (add a few sprigs for the garnish) (0 calories)
- Combine the yogurt, half of the honey and the lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drop the ginger juice into a separate bowl and add the remaining honey and lemon juice. Mix until combined well.
- Cut the papaya into ½ inch cubes and add to the bowl of ginger juice along with the raspberries and blackberries.
- Gently toss the fruits until well coated with the mixture.
- Choose tall 8-ounce glasses to serve the parfait.
- Divide half of the fruit mixture among 6 glasses and sprinkle the chopped mint on top of the fruit mix layer.
- Next, spread half of the yogurt mixture and half of the granola on top of the fruit layer in each glass.
- Add another layer of fruit, yogurt, and granola and garnish with small sprigs of mint.
Calories: approx. 194 per serving
Have a look at our Quick Start Guide for more recipes, tips, and advice for when you are on the 5:2 diet. Click here for more information.